Friday, June 13, 2008

Day of a million errands and First Trip to Stuttgart


Here are some pictures of the girls and me. I like to call the swing we are in in the picture the "Big Bird Swing". I think if fits. How about you?

Today Dorothee and I went and opened a bank account, registered me in the village, went to the post office, and went to the market. Their market is awesome. (Jessica, you will LOVE their cheese selection! I told Dorothee as much.) It was a lot of fun. Sadly, Cheerios do not exist in Germany. I did find another cereal that looks sort of like Cheerios, but I haven't tried them yet. I'll let you know how they go.





FYI- The cool outfit I am wearing in the picture is one I bought today while in the city with two new friends, Lisa and Kyra. Lisa works at Paula's Kindergarten, and Kyra is a friend of Lisa's. It was a lot of fun. We went to Stuttgart where we walked down a road that is lined with fashion stores. Lots of fun. There were three H&M's along the road, and Kyra is obsessed with H&M. After a few minutes I could see why.



After we finished shopping we had to go back to Lisa's parents' house because she was going to babysit her brother's girlfriend's baby. I got to meet some really cool people and hang out. Lisa made me a tradition swabische ravioli like dish. It was really good. :)



And really cool tonight. My dad got his webcam up and running. Woo hoo! That was nice. So I got to have a nice long talk with dad. Here's a picture of him. The real him. (no, he's not playing with the camera, that's his real face ;))



I will be loading videos onto the site tomorrow as well as some pictures of where I'm staying.

1 comment:

sugarbumkin said...

H&M!!!! I love that store! I go there every time I'm in Saint Louis!