Sunday, October 26, 2008

Castles, Palaces and Me... Oh my!

Today I woke up got around quickly then went to catch the bus to take me to the s-bahn to take me to the other s-bahn to take me to the bus so that I could get off and then walk to Ludwigsburg Schloss. :)

It was amazing. I really liked it. It was all silks, sculptures, gold, paintings, trims, brilliant yellows, rich reds and lucious greens. Truely amazing. Tomorrow I'm going to upload pictures. It was just amazing. I llloooovvveee going to palaces and castles. It's a real thrill for me. So I was extra pleased when I came across a book in the palace giftshop. The book listed all the palaces, castles, monastaries, and residences in most of Europe, with special attention to those in Germany. I'm really excited. It has full color pictures, information about admission, hours and how to get there. What really makes me happy is that it lists those castles which are open to the public as hotels. I know it would probably cost a pretty penny but how I would love to stay overnight in a castle. Hell, I'd stay in a sleeping bag on the floor- but to be allowed to wander one of these magnificent buildings at my leisure. I mean, wow! So I think I'll look around and see what I can find. *fingers crossed*

No comments: