Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Life goes on...

Still alive and kickin'. I had a great birthday- Dorothee, the girls and I went to a biergarten to have real German food- well, stereotypical German food- for my birthday. It was awesome and very yummy. This treat was made even sweeter when I was blindfolded and kissed from behind from a surprise person- Melly! Turns out that Dorothee had planned out with Melly a couple weeks ago to surprise me and Melly, Judith and Sahra all came to the restaurant to spend some time with me on my birthday. It was really sweet. I was totally surprised.

I was supposed to go the Volksfest in Stuttgart this weekend. It's the real German's version of Oktoberfest. The Oktoberfest which is held in Munich is all over run by tourist. Just crazy- so all the Germans come here instead. Well, I was half way there when I realized I simply wasn't going to be able to make it. I was totally going to throw up. I felt soooo sick- and more beer would not help the problem. So I went home instead. Then spent the next two days in bed very sick and with a fever- which I almost never have. Ugh. It was so sweet when on Saturday Melly and Judith brought me soup. Awwww. :)

You may be wondering how my meetings with the army family and the crocheting group went. Well, the army family had to cancel- but we are going to try again next friday. And the crocheting group I made a mistake thinking we were meeting on my birthday when in fact it was to be the next day. Whoops. So when I went to meet one of the girls who was going to show me how to get to the host's house, I thought I had been stood up. Well, I did meet them on Wednesday and they were all super nice, and I had a blast! We meet again this Thursday and I am sooo excited. I'm soo lucky to have met so many nice people since I've been here.

No comments: