It's been 9 days since I left Germany. And while I don't cry as much- I still want to go back. But the hurt is fading. Thomas still says he wants to come. Melly and friends say they want to visit. Will I ever see any of them again? I don't know. Time will tell.
I've taken the opportunity to hang out with my friends. I've gotten coffee (or smoothie in my case) with Jessica. I've hung with Annie and Betsy, and I'm looking forward to a reunion with my friends on Friday. There are bright spots. But there's a lot of sadness.
Coming home has felt like stepping through a portal. Two lives both lived by me- but completely different still. The food here is... delicious- but my tummy isn't used to it and it sits strangely. I've also had an obscene amount of headaches since coming home. I'm stressed beyond belief over having no job prospects (no matter how hard I look) and having even less money.
While I'm thankful my parents have let me settle back under their roof- my dad reminds me constantly that the roof and food aren't free and there's a price to be paid for all of it. This price comes with me doing things for him and not looking for jobs. (granted- I could be doing that now- but I've pretty much given up hope. I'm going to go the temp route).
Holly had her eye removed last Friday. One of her eyes was all scarred over, red and swollen. We decided to go ahead and have it taken out for reasons I don't think you really want to hear. She is now my pirate puppy who we have decided to teach to say "Arrrrr"- she's getting closer.
Oh, and I got one grade back. I have an A in my 1960's class. Was there any doubt? :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment