Thursday, March 26, 2009

I don't like it when the natives are restless

There is nothing creepier than what just happened to me. I'm sitting at my computer happily working away while Carola colors with crayons at the dining room table, and Paula plays with her puzzles in her room. Suddenly I can feel someone staring at me, and I turn to find myself 6 inches from Paula's face. She was just standing there STARING AT ME!! It was creepy. (I told her so).

She was wanting to know if her friend was home. How am I supposed to know? I really don't have any clue. Today has already been a very long day, and it is only 3:37pm. Reason for long length? Paula is wanting me to entertain her. Her friends are unavailable. I've set her to doing crafts, reading books, bicycling, doing puzzles, and nothing is working. ... Great! Now she's taken to staring at Carola. (I just got complaints) It's pretty bad when the kid starts coming towards you and you can say "No I don't know if your friend is home, no you can't stare at your sister, no you can't have gum, and no you aren't painting anymore. Anymore questions?" and the kid turns back around. Because this means that you have already answered the previous questions so many times that you know what the questions are before being asked.... again. It's going to be a loooong day.

1 comment:

Dorothee said...

There are tears of laughter running down my face!